Saturday, May 12, 2012

Soooo, God.


The day that I turned 13 I was invited to my neighbor's church "block party." The cool thing is that it was aimed towards teenagers and we literally had a whole block to sit, fellowship, talk, pray, and watch a movie. I wasn't familiar with any of those, except sitting and movie watching. Not much happened that night, but obviously something stuck with me. I mean I remember it five years later. I was approached by a church member who asked me if I would let her pray for me. I wasn't going to be rude, so I allowed her to do so. I closed my eyes in respect, with no intent in really paying attention to what she said. I ended up listening to what she said, praying that I knew I was loved and other prayers of that nature. I cried, I cried a lot. It kind of sparked something that night, but it didn't go much further. I was hurt, yes, but didn't know where to look for healing.

I remember when I was lured into my church's youth group with some of my friends. The 20-something-year-old youth intern, Ben, came to some friends and I while some of us, well some of them, were skating in the church's parking lot. He was only an intern at the time, but he fell in love with us and stayed for good. Haha. Being young high schoolers, Ben knew food and games would attract us. That it did. We started going regularly and it was the beginning of my walk with God.
We got another intern, Jennifer. She was supposed to volunteer for a short time, but something kept her there for good. We weren’t the nicest of kids, we had a long way to go. She said one of the things that kept her with us was that she could see our evident love for each other. Yes, we all fought, we all had drama, but we all truly loved each other.
Helping Ben move into his California apt. We decided to keep him.:)

Our first year at camp and already throwing up gang signs.:)

The Christmas service

No comments:

Post a Comment