I've been going to Girls Group, led by Jennifer, since she started it. It has always been informative and an awesome way to fellowship. I personally think Jennifer's reasoning for Girls group is to give females what females need most, a sense of love and "good enough." She pointed out all of the good, but would always listen to any of the bad and we'd talk. She's showed us how blessed we are, but doesn't ever ignore the fact that bad is everywhere. We get together, talk, and love on each other.
Jennifer told us that "we ARE lovely" and "we are God's image" -- beautiful, captivating, zenith of creation, love, wonderful, and forgiven. She helped us learn how to "heal the wounds" -- go to God, go to others, pray for a peace from within, for strength, courage, and comfort. We learned that God gives us "love letters." They come in many different forms, music, family, friends, random signs, words, etc. He puts something in your life that you can always go to for a smile, or that'll show you His evident presence in your life.
My personal love letters are my nieces and nephews. I can be in a not-so-happy mood, but once they come up to me, hug me, kiss me, acknowledge my presence, I can't help but to believe how loved I am. How blessed I am. They truly are love letters from God.
The fabulous five
 |
| Alyssa:) |
 |
| Daniel:) |
 |
| Noelia:) |
 |
| Richard and Eric:) |
No comments:
Post a Comment