Thursday, August 9, 2012
It works.
Prayer has been the topic of summer for girl's group. I missed most of the girl's group meetings, but i made it to the last one that closed up the "series" that they were on. Amelia and I went and sat in front of the kitchen doors, we talked about what needed to be prayed for, closed our eyes, and prayed. We kept discussing what else could use prayer, so, in a sense, we were in and out of prayer because we'd think of more things to pray about. It was nice to pray with Amelia, because we're on the same page of never praying out loud.
I love prayer, I have learned to pray whole-heartedly. I pray knowing that God can and will do anything, knowing that if I ask He'll answer with His will. Prayer plays a huge role in my life. I pray everytime I'm in a car, that the drive is safe. I pray for little things and He'll show me He's there. I pray for years and He always answers, the answers may go according to a plan that I didn't think of, but it's always a reminder that He is in control, that I'm not.
Fellowship is another important asset of life. Last Wednesday, Jennifer (Hi, Jennifer) was at church in the nursery sick and with a fussy baby that just got shots. Jason brought Avery to the office with him, so I took her from him. She got happy and started dancing and smiling, so I went to go check on Jennifer. I walked into the nursery not really knowing what to say or do, but I did. I ended up sitting on the ground and just talking to Jennifer. We talked and it was nice to just sit in a quiet room and sort of catch up.
This past Tuesday, I received bad news about college finances, so I asked Rubi to Starbucks. We sat at Starbucks from 3:30pm-8pm, at first I had her read the first chapter of Captivating, while I added up the cost of books for my first semester at APU. After she was done reading, we sat and talked. We talked about the book, life, everything. She sent me a text the next day saying that she feels revived and loved, which was one of the issues.
I thank God for the people that I am blessed to spend time with. Fellowship, praying, seeking and listening to God works.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment