Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Happy Place

In my Public Communications class, a girl was giving a speech on her little hometown called Tehachapi. Her introduction was for us to close our eyes and think of our "happy place." My heart was surprised and happy when I realized that the first thing I thought of was the first year of Thousand Pines.

The first time we went to camp was the summer of 2010, it was the summer after I started going to church and all I wanted to do was worship. I'm a stubborn person, so for me to go to camp and sing along, dance to the made up dances, and lift my hands was a bit out of my comfort zone. I loved it, because I worshiped with all that I had. It brings me joy that the first thing that came to my mind when the thought of a "happy place" is planted in my mind is worshiping God.

First year at camp.

Dirt "tagging" when we arrived to camp.

Tehachapi (PubComm Student's picture) 

No comments:

Post a Comment