Sunday, December 9, 2012

Glorify Him with Your Mouth.

Last night, I was at my roommate's gospel choir concert. It struck me so much that our voices, our words, are given to us to glorify God. The beautiful voices and the words used to worship God brings me to have heartfelt feelings. Feelings of the heart, not just thoughts or opinions on the performance. I know that we are supposed to glorify God with everything we say or do, but it was so relevant last night.

If our voices and words weren't meant to glorify God, then I wouldn't feel driven to worship Him when I hear certain words. I wouldn't feel tears build up in my eyes if the words mean nothing.

If anyone speaks, they should do so as one who speaks the very words of God. If anyone serves, they should do so with the strength God provides, so that in all things God may be praised through Jesus Christ. To him be the glory and the power for ever and ever. Amen.
                                                                                            -1 Peter 4:11 (NIV)
Here's a super small clip of the end of a song. I missed the very end of it too. I suck! haha

No comments:

Post a Comment