Saturday, December 21, 2013

Faithful or Fickle.

Is it not terrifying?
Professors at the Christian university that I attend /always/ teach something and ask if it rattles my(our) faith. They ask how it challenges what we have always believed or never known.

The terrifying part is that after four years of learning  and interpreting the Bible in many ways that include inside and outside sources, I might think the Bible is wrong. My faith might be so rattled that I have a biblical degree that backs up my newly pronounced lack of religion. What if, in the end, I don't believe in God, His creation, and His spiritual realm. I mean I do understand that the point of these questions are to strengthen and affirm my beliefs. After all, the people that ask me if it sits with me the wrong way still have faith. BUT what if it does the opposite of its goals, what if I die and there is absolutely nothing? What if I die and go somewhere I never imagined possible? What if I could have done life in a completely different way? What if I could have happily married the man that did not believe in God? There's just so many questions.

This is a struggle that i have never dealt with before college, but for now and hopefully for the rest of my life on Earth and in eternity I believe in God, that He is love, He loves everyone, and He does not want to harm His people. He is eternal.

No comments:

Post a Comment