Sunday, June 3, 2012

Ambitious senior.


This was typed up on Friday, 6/1/12.

So, I asked my girl's group leader to take me home. (Which means talking, catching up, and discussing.) She used to pick me up every Sunday, so we can get to church, which was also talking time. Today, we talked about ambitions and the future, making my mind wander through more than just the mentioned topics.

This, of course, made me think of my future. I'll be graduating soon, which couldn't seem to come faster. I say this now, but I'm sure I'm going to miss high school. She had asked if I thought I'd see "the day," meaning graduating, being done with high school. Honestly, I really never thought of it until this school year. Twelve years of school, and here is the end to it all.

Next? Well, what do you know! Time to grow up, time to finally get away from the comfort of living with family members. Finally, TIME FOR COLLEGE. I'm going to attend Azusa Pacific University and boy, am i excited! It's a private christian university with a football team, what more can I ask for? I can't wait to see what is waiting for me, what's going to happen in my near future. I don't know if I have any reason to be afraid other than being able to pay for it all. I'm trying to make sure the financial aspect of college is taken care of, so I can do my best and focus on my education.

As my oldest sister, Adrianna, always tells me, I've always been self motivated. Adrianna had no clue that I was applying to college. She had found out the day that I told her I was accepted to Azusa Pacific University. I know I'm not supposed to go through life on my own, so I don't know how my whole family was unaware of my applying to college. My church family knew, because I had asked for prayer and Christian references. I believe with all that I am that God has this in His hands, that my acceptance to APU was no accident. He has had good plans for me from the beginning, I can't wait.
GO CLASS OF 2012!

2 comments: