Monday, November 12, 2012

"Exo-Jesus"

So, I've heard this word every day since classes started. I always thought it was Exo-Jesus, because I'm in Exodus and Jesus is the Son of God. The word is actually exegesis. What the word means is still the same, but I totally thought wrong of the spelling of the word. Welp, I have to write an Exegetical paper by November 29th. I hope it's not too complicated!


ex·e·ge·sis/ˌeksiˈjēsis/

Noun:
Critical explanation or interpretation of a text, esp. of scripture.
Synonyms:interpretation - explanation - commentary

2 comments:

  1. This is the beginning point of putting a sermon together. This means you'll be preaching for us soon?! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just realized how true your statement is! I never thought of it that way, but we're given a certain amount of verses and we have to talk about who God is in all of it. We have to define some of the biblical terms and ahhh! You're right!

    ReplyDelete