Thursday, September 13, 2012

And It Was Very Good.

The name of this post is a part of Genesis 1:31, God saw all that he had made, and it was very good. And there was evening, and there was morning - the sixth day.

Do you believe that you are very good? God didn't make us on accident, we have a purpose. He didn't just bring us into existence like the rest of His creation. He breathed His life into us, only into humans. He looked at us and saw that it was very good, not just good, but very good.

There was an assignment that my English professor gave the class. The assignment was to list five heroes, whether family, pastor, teacher, someone global, anyone that you see as a hero. We were told not to list Jesus, because she knows that He's our number one. After we wrote our five heroes down, we had to write their attributes and values, why we see them as heroes.

I listed my Grandma, Adrianna, Tia Mary, Jennifer, and Ms. Sinatra. My grandma, because no matter what the situation was , she always made it through. She was a strong, loving woman who knew how to comfort me like nobody else could. Adrianna, because she loves through everything. She helps others before ever thinking of herself. You can always find Adrianna smiling or cracking a joke. Tia Mary, because she is strong, 92 years old and still amazing. She helped raise her siblings and helped raise my siblings and I. She is a completely selfless woman. Jennifer, because she sees potential in everyone. She knows that everyone can make it, do the best, it's whether they try or not. She has never given up on loving me, no matter how stubborn I can be. Last but not least, Ms. Sinatra, if anyone has room to be moody or mean, it's her. Life throws her a curveball and she doesn't let it ruin her. She shows joy through all of her trials, always holds onto hope. If someone knows how to show love in any situation, it's her.

We discussed some of our heroes and their attributes and values. My English professor told me the reason I see them as my heroes is because they mirror me. All of the attributes and values that I see in them are only seen, because I portray them too. If I ask them to describe their attributes and values, they wouldn't say all of these, they'd see it in me, but not themselves. It was really eye opening. The fact that I listed my grandma, sister, great aunt, a teacher, and a youth pastor, made me a community and family person. I might be starting to believe that I am good in Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment