Is not what You have required
You search much deeper within
Through the ways things appear
You're looking into my heart
I'm coming back to the heart of worship
And it's all about You
All about You, Jesus
I'm sorry Lord for the thing I've made it
-The Heart of Worship
Worship is not just singing, it takes many different forms. It is a spiritual practice that keeps us centered and focused on bringing glory to God. 'Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is--his good, pleasing and perfect will. - Romans 12:2' We always tend to make it about lifting our arms or standing like everyone else. I'm not saying to conform to sitting in the pews with your arms crossed, but be transformed and know that you are to worship God in whatever way He is drawing you to, be open to following His will. We don't even have to re-define worship, but we have to save it, in a sense. We have to bring it back to its true meaning.
Noun:
The feeling or expression of reverence and adoration for a deity.
This is one of many definitions, but I like it more than others: to feel/express adoration.
Louie Giglio says "The simplest definition I can give is this: Worship is our response to what we value most." Now, I need to look at what I value. I value God, family, friends, and my education, but see God should be in all of these "values." God shouldn't just be one of my values, He should be portrayed in all of them. He should be more than an object that I value. I need to surrender it all to Him. I don't know that it'll happen while here on Earth, but guess what the goal is?
No comments:
Post a Comment