Monday, September 10, 2012

I love you, God.

I know more of my posts should be titled something along these lines, but this one is just so real.

I have all of my first semester of college paid for, all of my books are covered, my English class was canceled, and my THREE hour lab is canceled for tomorrow. God is good.

I've been letting worry take over my emotions. Well, take over my everything, really. I sat in a circle of girls with my roommate, there was about seven girls that I didn't know before sitting in the circle. We sat in the circle and had to talk about what we wanted to let go of for this next school year. After we talked about it we were to write it on a big clothe like banner and cover each others writing with our painted hand to show that we were there for each other. I covered Jessie's, she covered mine and we prayed about it. When it was my turn to talk about what I wanted to let go I said worry and cried. I cried in front of a group of people I didn't know. I told them that I want to put my faith in God and not have to worry. I want to leave APU a completely different person, a person closer to God.

God answered my prayers, my worries are finally beginning to subside. I can focus on God.

Side note: one of my professors offered extra credit for four notes on a Sunday church service. He told us that chapel isn't enough, we still need to fellowship in a church.

1 comment: